We at Buona Fortuna strongly believe that our contributions to healthcare should not be purely commercial or purely clinical. In fact we believe that every company should also be able to make a small yet significant scientific contribution to the way medicine is practiced all over the world today. Buona Fortuna directors are actively involved in all fields of medical research as well.
Our directors have a combined total of over a 100 publications in various academic international peer reviewed journals including The Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, Nephrology Dialysis Transplant (Official Journal of the European Renal Association), Peritoneal Dialysis International, Blood Purification, and Contributions to Nephrology to name a few. These articles have covered various topics including Health Policy, Health Economics, New Technology in Clinical Practice, Trials, Telemedicine, and Clinical Practice with constrained resources. Our directors are also regularly invited as speakers in various international conferences like the World Congress of Nephrology, the International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis, and the Annual Vicenzacourse conducted by the International Renal Research Institute Vicenza.
- Prabhu MV, Juneja D, Gopal PB, Sathyanarayanan M, Subhramanyam S, Gandhe S, Nayak KS "Ultrasound-guided femoral dialysis access placement: A single-centre randomized trial" Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2010; 5:235–9
- Karopadi AN, Anthony A, Subhramanyam SV, Nayak KS "Remote monitoring of peritoneal dialysis: Why? Where? How?" Hong Kong Journal of Nephrology 2013; DOI:10.1016/j.hkjn.2013.03.002.
- Harrington DM, Myers L, Eisenman K, Bhise V, Nayak KS, Rosner MH. "The Use of a Tablet Computer Platform to Optimize the Care of Patients Receiving Peritoneal Dialysis: A Pilot Study" Blood Purification 2014; 37:311-315
- Karopadi AN, Mason G, Rettore E, Ronco C. "The role of economies of scale in the cost of dialysis across the world: a macroeconomic perspective" Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2013; Vol.29 (4).-P.885-892.
- Karopadi AN, Mason G, Rettore E, Ronco C, "Cost of peritoneal dialysis and haemodialysis across the world," Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2013; Vol.28, no. 10, pp. 2553– 2569.
- Ronco C, Mason G, Karopadi AN, Milburn A, Hegbrant J "Healthcare systems and chronic kidney disease: putting the patient in control" Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2014; 10.1093/ndt/gft457
- Nayak A, Karopadi AN, Antony S, Sreepada S, Nayak KS. "Use of a Peritoneal Dialysis Remote Monitoring System in India" Peritoneal Dialysis International 2012; 32(2), 200–204. doi:10.3747/pdi.2011.00124
- Karopadi AN, Antony S, Nayak KS. "Remote monitoring of peritoneal dialysis in special locations" Contributions to Nephrology 2012; 178:79e82.
- Govindarajan V, Karopadi AN. "Healthcare Reforms that Work" HBR Blog March 5th 2014; Available at: https://hbr.org/2014/03/health-care-reforms-that-work/
- Abraham G, Shroff S, Nayak KS et al. Deceased donor renal transplantation program in India. Kidney International 2010; 77: 378–380.